Business Settings encompass crucial technical aspects of the system that can influence the management of your business and how you handle billing for your customer. It empowers you to fine-tune your business settings to align with your unique preferences and operational needs.
Here’s a comprehensive guide to help you understand and configure each aspect of your Business Settings:
To begin, you’ll want to establish a price range for your business. This step is essential as it informs your customers about the affordability of your menu offerings.
Select the cuisine(s) offered in your menus.
You have the flexibility to choose up to FIVE (5) cuisines that best represent your culinary offerings. This helps your customers identify the flavours and types of dishes available.
Goods & Service Tax
Next, clarify your taxation approach.
This involves specifying whether you add Goods and Services Tax (GST), Sales and Services Tax (SST), Value Added Tax (VAT), or any other relevant tax to your bills.
Here’s what you’ll need to configure:
- Your company related good & services number (e.g: ABN) , as required by your country’s taxation regulations.
- The tax title is the official name of the tax in your country (e.g., GST, SST, VAT).
- “Include tax in price” option: By checking this box, the tax will be calculated but not sum up on the sub total of the bill; it becomes tax inclusive food prices. However, the service charge is always tax exclusive and tax will apply and added to the bill. shoudl you enable surcharge, then the surcharge is tax inclusive by default.
- Tax rate: Specify the applicable tax rate.
NOTE: When setting up your digital menu, you can individually decide if tax applies to specific items. For example, you can add tax to a burger but exclude it for a bottle of mineral water.
Determine your service type, whether it’s Dine-in, Takeaway or Both, and decide whether you’ll impose a service charge on your customers. Specify the rate of your service charge.
Configure the following:
- Specify your available service type (e.g., Dine-in, Takeaway, delivery).
- Indicate whether you include a service charge on your bills (Dine-in Only).
- If you do include a service charge, specify the rate you apply.
- Decide to apply tax over service chartge or not.
Dynamic Service Charge
You may also enable the ‘Dynamic Service Charge’ feature. This is particularly useful for adding any surcharges to your bill on public holidays or similar occasions. The Dynamic Service Charge calculates the rate of the service charge based on the time and schedule you provide.
NOTE: When active, the dynamic service charge will replace the standard service charge rate and label during the scheduled times
Consider whether you want to add surcharges for card payments, subject to your local law and regulations. You have the option to impose a surcharge of up to 5% of the total bill over the payments by card or Menumiz pay.
Configure the following:
- Enable/disable surcharge.
- Surcharge rate.
NOTE: You may apply individual surcharge rates to payments made at the counter or through Menumiz Pay.
Lastly, declare the payment options accepted in your business.
By default, “Cash” is the initial payment option, but you can easily change it to suit your preferences. The availability of “menumiz™ Pay” depends on your chosen subscription plan and approval.
It’s important to note that the system mandates having at least ONE (1) Payment Option available. Additionally, you can opt to extend your payment methods to include card payments or e-wallets, offering your customers a variety of convenient payment alternatives.
NOTE: These options are primarily informative and do not impact the technical functioning of the system. Instead, they serve to inform your customers about the various payment methods available for their convenience.