Configuring printers in a network can be a crucial step in the menumiz™ system. Each printer is assigned a default IP address by the router it’s connected to. To obtain this IP address or PORT, you’ll need to print a report from the printer. Depending on your printer’s make and model, you can follow one of the methods below to print this report.
- Turn off the printer using the main switch (typically a 0-1 button).
- Simultaneously press and hold the feeder and power buttons, then switch the printer back on.
- After a few seconds, release the buttons.
- The printer will automatically print a report that includes the IP and PORT details.
- Power off the printer.
- Open the printer’s paper magazine door.
- While holding down the power button, close the door.
- The printer will automatically print a report with the IP and PORT details.
Some printer brands might have alternative methods. In such cases, please refer to the printer’s manual for instructions on how to obtain the IP address and PORT number.
NOTE: Depending on your setup, you may need to install a printer driver on a Windows computer to modify the IP range using tools provided by the printer vendor.
TIP: In most cases, printers use port 9100 for their network communications.