The Order History in menumiz™ is a feature that provides a detailed record of all transactions made within the business. It is designed to help waitstaff and management keep track of various elements related to orders.
To view and manage order history and refunds, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Order Management: On the left-hand side of the dashboard, click on the ‘Order Management’ section.
- Select ‘History & Refund’: Within the Order Management options, click on ‘History & Refund’ to access the order history.
- Review Order Details: In the ‘Order History & Refund’ section, you will see a list of orders with details such as Order Number, Table Number, Name, Date, Amount, and Actions available for each order.
- Print Bill or Process Refunds: Next to each order, you have the option to print the bill or process a refund. Orders that have been refunded will be marked as ‘Refunded’.
- Search and Filter: Use the search bar to find specific orders or filter the list by order number or other criteria to quickly locate the information you need.
By following these steps, you can efficiently handle all aspects related to order history and refunds within the menumiz™ system. This centralised location allows for easy tracking and management of past orders, ensuring accurate record-keeping and customer service.
Here’s a more detailed look at the elements included in the Order History and their functions:
- Order Number: This is a unique identifier for each order placed in the system, allowing staff to quickly reference and locate specific transactions.
- Table Number: This indicates where the customers were seated when they placed their orders, which is useful for service tracking and analysing table turnover.
- Name: The name associated with the order, which could be the customer’s name or the server who took the order, depending on the restaurant’s operational preferences.
- Date: The date on which the order was placed, essential for tracking sales over time and identifying busy periods.
- Amount: This shows the total cost of the order, which is important for financial reporting and revenue tracking.
- Action (Print Bill): This function allows staff to print a bill for the order directly from the Order History, facilitating a smooth payment process.
- Refund: If an order needs to be refunded, this element tracks the refund process, ensuring that the financial records are accurate and up to date.
The Order History serves as a vital part of the business’s record-keeping, providing valuable data that can be used for various purposes, such as financial reconciliation, customer service management, and strategic planning. It allows for a quick review of past orders, understanding customer ordering patterns, and managing inventory based on historical sales data.