Order Management in menumiz™ ePOS is a robust and versatile feature that streamlines the entire order process, ensuring efficient service and a smooth dining experience.
This feature is divided into THREE (3) key components:
1. Taking New Orders:
This section allows you to manage different types of orders, including dine-in, takeaway, and delivery. To take a new order, select the most appropriate option based on the customer’s location and preferences whether it’s dine-in or takeaway. This step kickstarts the order process, allowing you to efficiently record the items and quantities chosen by the customer.
The serving type settings will be shown there to manage different types of orders:
- Dine-In: This option allows you or your waitstaff to take orders verbally, whether it’s at the customer’s table or at the counter. It’s a classic, in-person approach to order initiation, ensuring efficient service for in-house customers.
- Takeaway: This feature allows you to efficiently handle orders for takeaway customers, ensuring that these orders are prepared and packaged correctly.
- Delivery (Not An Automated Integration): This feature streamlines the process for manual delivery orders, offering a more personalised and human-drive approach to ensuring timely and accurate deliveries such as UberEats, Menulog, GrabFood, FoodPanda, ShopeeFood, and other supported third-parties. This feature facilitates manual delivery orders, where staff can input delivery information, including customer’s name, order number, mobile number, and address, to ensure a seamless delivery experience. The availablity of such information is subject to the delivery service you are using.
Here’s a QUICK GUIDE on how to place a new order:
- Select Order Type: Choose whether the order is for dine-in, takeaway, or delivery. For dine-in order, enter the table number (Alphanumeric supported) and then proceed. For takeaway orders, select the takeaway icon and proceed. For delivery orders, choose the delivery option and enter the delivery address.
- Enter Customer Information (Optional): Enter the customer’s name and any other optional details.
- Select Items: Browse through the available items, bypassing menus and submenus, and select the desired items. You can filter items based on dietary tags, sort items, and use the search feature to find specific items.
- Customise Items: Customise the selected items by choosing size or type options, cooking styles, free sidelines, add-ons, and adding any specific instructions or notes for the chef.
- Add to Basket: Once the items are customised, add them to the shopping cart.
- Review and Finalise: Review the order in the shopping cart, make any necessary adjustments, and proceed to finalise the order.
Additionally, you can adjust provide a tailored payment experience such as,
- Merging bills (table merge)
- Splitting bills
- Cancelling orders
- Redeem a coupon (discount voucher or gift card)
2. Retrieve Order (QR code based only)
In this section, you can access and retrieve orders initiated by customers using their mobile devices order from table side by the waitstaff. These orders are typically initiated through QR code scanning or the menumiz™ mobile app.
This section is also designed to enhance order management, making it easier for you to find, process, and stay current with orders in your establishment.
Whether you’re searching by:
- Keyword Search: Effortlessly locate specific orders by using keywords such as customer names or unique order identifiers. This feature streamlines the retrieval process.
- QR Code Scanning: If you have orders initiated via QR code scanning, you can conveniently scan customer generated QR codes for quick order retrieval.
- Real-time Updates: Stay up to date with order statuses and new submissions. Simply tap the “Refresh” button to instantly update the list of orders.
- Quick Navigation: The “Home” button allows you to swiftly return to the main screen or menu, ensuring efficient navigation between different sections.
However, they require approval from your cashier staff before being sent to the kitchen for preparation. This approval process ensures that payment has been made or will be settled according to your business policy.
3. Existing Orders:
This section offers a comprehensive overview of all orders that have been placed and are in the system.
Here’s what you can do in this section:
- Review Orders: You can view the details of each order, including the items ordered, quantities, and order submission times. This visibility allows you to stay on top of all orders and manage them effectively.
- Print: When customers are ready to settle their bills, this is where you can generate and print invoices. It simplifies the payment process, ensuring accurate and convenient bill presentation. If you need to re-print the docket, this is where you can do it.
- Manage Payments: The “Existing Orders” section streamlines payment processing. Record payments, handle payment-related tasks, and keep an eye on outstanding balances effortlessly. By selecting “Make Payment” or “Pay,” you can access the bill with guest details, making the process transparent.
- Edit: You can edit the table number, geust’s name or add an email to send bill by email also.
- Visit history: Each customer card features a map pin icon indicating the number of times the customer has visited your establishment. However, this count won’t show if the customer does not have a profile in menumiz or if it’s a tableside order placed without providing a customer email address. Note that you have the option to enter an email address for billing purposes while taking verbal orders
NOTE: The order history displayed here covers only the last 72 hours of the paid orders. To view more, please go to the ‘Order History’ section under ‘TSO’ at ‘Dashboard/Order Management/History & Refund
NOTE: Unpaid orders will remain in the ‘Current Orders’ section indefinitely until they are either paid for or canceled.
NOTE: If you prefer to streamline the QR code based ordering process without manual verification by the waitstaff, you can enable the “Load Control” feature in Order Management settings. By setting a grace period (ranging from 1 to 30 minutes), the system will automatically send orders to the kitchen after the specified time has elapsed.
NOTE: Further instructions on using the menumiz™ Load Control can be found in section https://support.menumiz.com/docs/table-side-order/order-management/maximise-efficiency-with-menumizs-auto-load-control/.
menumiz™ ePOS’s Order Management feature empowers you to navigate the complexities of order processing and payment management with ease. By offering multiple order initiation methods and efficient order tracking, it helps you deliver exceptional service and enhances the overall dining experience for your customers.